2016 K.C.S.E. CANDIDATES
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (Placement Service) is a State Corporation established under Section 55 of the Universities Act, 2012 to, among others, coordinate the placement of government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
After considering the total declared capacities in both public and private universities for degree programmes under Government sponsorship, taking into account analysis of the 2016 K.C.S.E. examination results, the Placement Service Board has set the cut-off point for placement to Degree programmes at the minimum aggregate of C+ (46 points).
In addition, the Board approved that all candidates who have attained a minimum aggregate grade of C - (Minus) may apply to be placed into Diploma programmes under Government sponsorship.
The Placement Service therefore wishes to announce to all the candidates who meet the approved cut-off points that the online application system will open for the First Revision of Degree and Diploma Choices for the 2017/2018 placement on January 30, 2017 at 0000 hours and close on February 17, 2017 at midnight.
Candidates who did not apply for placement through their schools may use this opportunity to submit their choices.
The revision/application exercise will be done online by all applicants including those who had submitted their applications through their respective schools, and would wish to revise their choices. There will be no manual application.
The application procedure may be accessed through the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
Other relevant guiding information such as degree and diploma programmes per university and college, subject clusters, similar programmes, previous cut-off points (where applicable), subject requirements by regulatory bodies and weighted cluster calculation by performance index may also be accessed as downloads from the same website.
ONLINE APPLICATION SUPPORT
Between Monday, January 30, 2017 and Saturday, February 4, 2017, the Placement Service will send officers to the following universities and colleges to assist those who may need assistance on how to use the online application system:
- Placement Service Offices at ACK Garden House, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community, (near Ardhi House), Nairobi
- Technical University of Mombasa – Mombasa
- Coast Institute of Technology – Voi
- Nyeri National Polytechnic – Nyeri
- Rift Valley Technical Training Institute – Eldoret
- Kabarak University – Nakuru Town Campus
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology – Kakamega
- Kisii Polytechnic – Kisii
- Kisumu Polytechnic – Kisumu
- Alupe University College – Busia
- Kenya Methodist University – Meru
- Wote Technical Training Institute – Wote/Makueni
- Maasai Mara University – Narok
- Garissa University College – Garissa
- Nyandarua Institute of Science and Technology – Nyahururu
- Kitale Polytechnic – Kitale
- Kenya Water Institute (Kitui) – Manyenyoni Site, near Kitui School
Between February 6, 2017 and February 17, 2017, applicants may visit the Placement Service offices in Nairobi for assistance.
Enquiries may also be made by email to email@example.com or through telephone numbers 0723954927 or 0734879662.
Please note the application/revision dates carefully.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES CENTRAL PLACEMENT SERVICE