The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is established by the Universities Act, 2012 to coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges, among other functions.
The Placement Service Board held its 28th meeting on 17th January, 2018 to discuss the 2018/2019 placement of Government-sponsored students to Universities and Colleges.
After considering the analysis of the 2017 KCSE Examination Results together with the available capacities in Kenyan Universities and Colleges, the Board resolved that:
- All 2017 KCSE candidates who scored a minimum aggregate grade of C+ and above shall be eligible for placement to both public and private universities to pursue degree courses under Government sponsorship.
- All candidates who scored a minimum mean grade of C – (minus) and above shall be eligible for placement to pursue diploma courses offered in tertiary institutions.
- All candidates who scored a mean grade of D and above shall be eligible for placement to craft certificate courses offered in public colleges.
Towards this end, the Placement Service will open its online application system for applicants to revise their choices on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 00.00 hours and close on February 14, 2018 at midnight.
Those who did not submit their applications through their schools may use this opportunity to apply for degree, diploma or certificate courses of their choice as Government supported students.
Candidates who sat for their KCSE examination earlier than 2017 are only eligible for placement to Diploma and Certificate courses.
The application procedure and other relevant guiding information may be accessed through the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
Online Application Support
The Placement Service officers will be in the following universities and colleges to offer online application support to applicants between Monday, January 29, 2018 and Saturday, February 3, 2018.
- Kenya Coast Polytechnic – Mombasa
- Coast Institute of Technology – Voi
- Weru Technical Training Institute – Malindi
- Nyeri National Polytechnic – Nyeri
- Meru National Polytechnic – Meru
- University of Embu – Embu
- Kenyatta University (Nakuru Town Campus) – Nakuru
- Eldoret National Polytechnic – Eldoret
- Maasai Mara University – Narok
- Nyandarua Institute of Science and Technology – Nyahururu
- Kitale National Polytechnic – Kitale
- Baringo Technical College – Baringo
- Laikipia University (Maralal Campus) – Maralal
- Sigalagala National Polytechnic – Kakamega
- Alupe University College – Busia
- Uzima University College – Kisumu
- Kisii University – Kisii
- North Eastern National Polytechnic – Garissa
- Wote Technical Training Institute – Makueni
- Tseikuru Technical Training Institute – Mwingi
- Placement Service Offices located at ACK Garden House, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community (near Ardhi House), Nairobi
For more information, you may contact the Placement Service by email to email@example.com or calling 0723 954 927 or 0734 879 662. Please note the application/revision dates carefully.
Candidates who scored D – and E in their KCSE examination are urged to visit the Vocational Training College nearest to them and enrol for an Artisan course of their choice.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
KENYA UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES CENTRAL PLACEMENT SERVICE